Slight movement in the Cal State Omaha poll. Some highlights:
- UCLA stays on top and has been for weeks
- Oregon State drops eight spots after getting swept at home
- Welcome back to the poll Oklahoma State
- West Virginia’s debut last week sees them drop out this week
Records are through games completed May 6th.
1. UCLA: 37-8 (week 11 ranking 1)
Winning two of three on the road at Arizona State keeps the Bruins on top.
2. Vanderbilt: 38-9 (week 11 ranking 3)
The Vandy Boys have won 11 in a row dating back to Tax Day.
3. Stanford: 34-8 (week 11 ranking 4)
Won the series on the road at USC and the Cardinal move up to take over Oregon State’s spot from last week.
4. Texas Tech: 33-14 (week 11 ranking 6)
Swept Oklahoma in Norman and have won 10 of their last 11.
5. Arkansas: 37-12 (week 11 ranking 5)
Won the series on the road at Kentucky and the Hogs hold steady.
6. East Carolina: 36-11 (week 11 ranking 7)
Swept Cincinnati on the road and move up a spot.
7. Georgia: 37-12 (week 11 ranking 10)
Swept Florida in Athens and the Bulldogs make a move up.
8. Mississippi State: 36-9 (week 11 ranking 8)
Won the series at Texas A&M with the one loss a 7-inning game of a double header.
9. North Carolina: 34-12 (week 11 ranking 9)
UNC had a bye week and do not move up or lose ground.
10. Oregon State: 31-14-1 (week 11 ranking 2)
Dropped the mid-week to Gonzaga and was swept at home vs. Oklahoma State
11. UC Santa Barbara: 32-7 (week 11 ranking 14)
Swept Cal State Northridge on the road and the Gauchos making a play to potentially host a regional.
12. Arizona State: 33-12 (week 11 ranking 12)
No shame in losing two out of three to UCLA and the Sun Devils hold steady.
13. Michigan: 34-11 (week 11 ranking 15)
Went on the road to Maryland and got the sweep.
14. Louisville: 39-9 (week 11 ranking 17)
Cardinal swept Notre Dame on the road and have won nine in a row.
15. LSU: 30-18 (week 11 ranking 11)
Lost the series to Ole Miss at home in Alex Box Stadium drops the Tigers.
16. Texas A&M: 32-17-1 (week 11 ranking 13)
Lost two of three to Mississippi State at home and the Aggies drop slightly.
17. Florida State: 30-16 (week 11 ranking 16)
Won the series vs. Pitt at home and the Seminoles drop a notch.
18. Ole Miss: 32-17 (week 11 ranking 19)
Took the LSU series on the road and the Rebels get a slight bump.
19. Georgia Tech: 33-14 week 11 ranking 20)
Out of conference series and the Jackets crush Western Carolina.
20. Miami (Fla): 34-14 (week 11 ranking 21)
Sweeping Bethune-Cookman gets the ‘Canes a slight bump.
21. Clemson: 28-19 (week 11 ranking 18)
Can’t sweep Gardner-Webb at home and the Tigers slide.
22. Baylor: 32-13 (week 11 ranking 23)
Won the series vs. Kansas State at home and Baylor moves up one.
23. Oklahoma State: 28-16 (week 11 ranking unranked)
Cowboys have been in and out of the rankings but a sweep in Corvalis puts Oklahoma State back in.
24. Missouri 30-15-1 (week 11 ranking 25)
Beating Tennessee on the road gets the Tigers a slight move up in the rankings.
25. Tennessee: 32-16 (week 11 ranking 22)
Lost the Mizzou series at home and the Vols on the verge of dropping out.
West Virginia: 28-17 (week 11 ranking 24)
Lost two of three to TCU who is having a down year this year.
Others on the verge of breaking in. (Alphabetical order)
Auburn, Illinois, Indiana, Indiana State, Liberty, NC State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tulane