Week 8 and some teams are really making a move in preparation for the postseason. Some highlights:
- Three of the top five hail from the Pac-12
- LSU and Clemson big movers this week
- Big West teams UC Santa Barbara and UC Irvine debut in the poll
- Big 12 Teams Texas and Oklahoma fall out
Records are through games completed April 7th.
1. UCLA: 23-6 (last week 1)
Going to Palo Alto and taking two of three from Stanford keeps the Bruins on top.
2. Oregon State: 23-6-1 (last week 5)
Swept the weekend series against Utah to help move up in the rankings.
3. Georgia: 27-6 (last week 6)
Two of three at home against Vandy gives the Bulldogs a slight bump.
4. Stanford: 20-5 (last week 2)
Hard to drop the Cardinal too far after losing the weekend series to the No. 1 team in the land.
5. Vanderbilt: 24-8 (last week 3)
Losing a road series to Georgia is not terrible and the Vandy boys stay in the top 5.
6. Mississippi State: 27-6 (last week 7)
Winning two out of three in Knoxville helps move the Bulldogs up a notch.
7. East Carolina: 24-7 (last week 11)
Mid-week win over Duke and taking the series on the road over Houston and the Pirates move up.
8. Clemson: 24-8 (last week 16)
No shame in losing a mid-week to UGA and then rallying to beat Louisville for the weekend series win.
9. LSU: 23-10 (last week 17)
Two mid-week shut-outs and taking the weekend series vs. Texas A&M and the Tigers look to be in postseason form.
10. Texas Tech: 21-9 (last week 8)
Red Raiders split two games at New Mexico mid-week and then failed to sweep at home vs. Kansas.
11. Arizona State: 26-4 (last week 4)
Drop a mid-week game at home to Long Beach State and then lose 2 of 3 to USC will not keep the Sun Devils riding high.
12. NC State: 29-4 (last week 10)
Mid-week loss to South Carolina and Sunday loss up in Boston College drops the Wolfpack a few rungs.
13. Arkansas: 24-8 (last week 12)
The Hogs dropped a mid-week to Arkansas Little Rock, then the Friday opener vs. Auburn, needed 15 innings to win Saturday and then won handily on Sunday.
14. Michigan: 22-8 (last week 15)
Two of three from Minnesota over the weekend helps the Wolverines move up a bit.
15. Ole Miss: 23-10 (last week 13)
Losing to SOuth Alabama mid-week hurts and a sweep over Florida is not that impressive.
16. North Carolina: 23-9 (last week 9)
Lost the series to Georgia Tech and the Tar Heels take a dive.
17. Texas A&M: 25-8-1 (last week 18)
Beat Texas mid-week and lost the weekend series to LSU helps move up the Aggies slightly.
18. TCU: 20-10 (last week 20)
Took the series in Norman and the Frogs move up a few slots.
19. UC Santa Barbara: 23-5 (last week 23)
Swept Stephen F. Austin and the Gauchos are making a strong case to move up even more if they win the UC Irvine series this coming weekend.
20. Georgia Tech: (22-10) (last week unranked)
Welcome back Yellow Jackets. Series win over UNC puts GT back in the rankings.
21. UC Irvine: (21-5) (last week unranked)
Anteaters have won their last 13 out of 14 games and appear to be the team to beat in the Big West.
22. Florida State: 19-12 (last week 14)
Lost the weekend series to Miami and the Seminoles are rapidly making a case to not even be ranked.
23. Auburn : 23-9 (last week 19)
Lost mid-week to Georgia Tech and dropped the weekend series to Arkansas moves the Tigers down
24. Coastal Carolina: 22-11-1 (last week 21)
Lost two to Illinois and split the series with South Alabama
25. Tennessee: 23-10 (last week 22)
Two losses at home to a good Mississippi State club drops the Vols to the edge of the rankings.
Texas: 21-13 (last week 24)
Lost to Texas A&M Mid-week and could only muster one win against Baylor over the weekend.
Oklahoma: 22-7 (last week 25)
Dropped the home weekend series to TCU and the Sooners get bumped out of the rankings.
Others on the verge of breaking in. (Alphabetical order)
Illinois (20-10), Indiana State (23-6), Louisville (24-8), Missouri (22-11-1), Oklahoma State (19-11), South Carolina (19-13), Tulane (21-11)