Goodwin Field on the campus of Cal State Fullerton will yet again be hosting another NCAA baseball regional in 2010. Goodwin Field is becoming a regular stop for those teams with aspirations of heading to Omaha for the College World Series. Again, the Cal State Fullerton baseball team has earned their nickname “Cal State Omaha” this year because those teams wanting to go to Omaha, have to go through Fullerton.
In 2010, Cal State Fullerton was tabbed the No. 1 regional seed by the NCAA baseball selection committee and will be the host of the regional. Joining the Titans in the 2010 Fullerton Regional will be the Stanford Cardinal (No. 2 seed), New Mexico Lobos (No. 3 seed) and the Minnesota Golden Gophers (No. 4 seed). Opening the regional will be Stanford taking on New Mexico in the first game scheduled for 4 pm local time, Friday, June 4, 2010. Cal State Fullerton will play Minnesota in the No. 2 game scheduled for 8 pm local time. (That first pitch could be moved based on the length of the preceding Stanford/New Mexico game and for television reasons.) ESPNU will be televising the Fullerton Regional games from Goodwin Field. The remaining weekend schedule will be determined by game results.
- Sat., June 5 – Game # 3 – Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2 – 4:00 p.m.
- Sat., June 5 – Game # 4 – Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2 – 8:00 p.m. (approx.)
- Sun., June 6 – Game # 5 – Winner Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4 – 4:00 p.m.
- Sun., June 6 – Game # 6 – Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 4 – 8:00 p.m. (approx.)
- Mon., June 7 – Game # 7 – If necessary. Repeat of Game 6 teams – 8:00 p.m.
The road to Omaha goes through Cal State Omaha. And remember, from Goodwin Field it is only 1,544 miles to Omaha.